• Email us at [email protected] to Contribute to the Newspaper!

• We'd love to write about you or something you're involved with!

• Want to be in the newspaper? Stop by Room 6005.

Lake Reflections

Student Spotlight

Back to Article
Back to Article

Student Spotlight

Jacob Maden, Newspaper Staff

During high school, everything a student does inside and out of campus is not always acknowledged. Senior Sabrina Curran is in 7 honor societies at CLHS, a 4-year Superintendent Scholar, and a National Merit Commended Scholar. She is a driven student that likes to attend student events such as sports and club meetings.

She is a part of the Falcon Friend’s Club, which is a group of students that pack food for people in the area that don’t have as much.

“I love going out to volunteer and getting into stuff,” Sabrina said. “It really makes me feel good knowing that I’m helping people,”.

Sabrina is the Varsity Tennis Captain with a 4-year letterman and has been an undefeated district champion in both singles and doubles matches. She has earned First Team All-District in both for 2 years in a row in addition to finishing first place in Girls Doubles at the District Tennis meet on April 12, which will take her to regionals.

Aside from being on the court, she plays the viola in the Chamber 1 Orchestra which is the second highest ranking orchestra in Texas.

She is also a part of the Latin Club. With her as president, this is the second year in a row that they went to state and won first place in Latin Volleyball. She is also the FCA President (FCA stands for Fellowship of Christian Athletes) in addition to Latin club. They have monthly meetings with food and inspirational speakers that talk to them about how God intervenes and guides them in their athletic activities.

She is currently a Clear Lake High School Ambassador to Westbrook Intermediate and has been for 4 years.

“Around February each year, I go to Westbrook Intermediate to host and emcee the parent meeting, where parents and their 8th grade children ask information about high school courses to take, activities they can participate in, and how to make the transition to high school easier in general,” Sabrina said.

Sabrina Curran is a role model for not only younger people but she is a role model for the people around her.