Joe Biden Elected as 46 President

Tyson Gagliano, Reporter

Joe Biden has been elected the 46 president of the United States. As of Nov. 17, Joe Biden holds 290 electoral votes over President Donald Trump’s 232. A candidate needs 270 electoral votes to win.

Biden’s win comes after huge victories in the states of Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Arizona, 3 of which he was losing in on election night.

History will also be made as Biden’s running mate Kamala Harris becomes the first female and the first female person of color to be elected Vice President.

We saw a huge increase in early voting this year due to COVID-19. More than 93 million voted early this election. According to University of Florida professor Michael McDonald, more than 59 million had voted via mail in ballots.

The win didn’t come without controversy as President Trump claims voter fraud in several states. The president is suing Michigan, Nevada, Georgia and Pennsylvania for voting fraud. The President will also challenge the ruling, taking it to the Supreme Court.

President Trump remains confident that this election is not over yet.

“If you count the legal votes, I easily win,” Trump said. “If you count the illegal votes, they can try and steal the election from us.”

So far, no voter fraud has been found.

If all stands and there is no evidence of voter fraud, Biden will officially be elected as president. The presidential inauguration will take place on Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2021.