Student Council Coordinates Hoco

Gabi Cuellar, Reporter

Student council plans events throughout the year at school, including homecoming. This year’s homecoming will be Oct. 23 outside the school.

Like many other things this year, homecoming may not look the same due to COVID-19 and the regulations it’s brought. Regardless, the CLHS student council is working to make homecoming a memorable experience for everyone.

“There are a lot of rules that have to be in place which can be hard to work around, but so far we are really excited to finish planning the dance,” Student council president Allison Poole said.

Student council gets to decide dress up days and theme for homecoming.

“It was a lot of fun deciding the theme and dress up days because we really wanted to do something that everyone would enjoy, especially since it’s outside,” Allison Poole said. “We want everyone to have fun.”

The student council is responsible for planning many events at the school, and with an event as big as homecoming, it takes a lot of time to coordinate.

“We usually start at the beginning of the school year, so as soon as we get here in school,” senior Sarah Waller said. “We start planning and we do that up until the day of the dance, working behind the scenes.”

Planning a dance takes a lot of work and time, but student council members are happy with the way homecoming details and planning is coming along.

“I’m excited, I mean obviously there’s still a lot to do, even though it is only a month away, there’s still a lot of big decisions to be made, and final decorations, and stuff to be ordered, so, yes, but the final product is yet to come,” Waller said.

Student council doesn’t just plan homecoming. They also plan a lot of other things like red ribbon week, teacher appreciation week, etc.