Raiders WR Henry Ruggs III Arrested Following Deadly DUI Crash

Tyson Gagliano, Editor

Las Vegas Raiders Wide Reciever Henry Ruggs III has been arrested and charged following a deadly DUI crash early Tuesday morning.

The charge is a DUI resulting in death after “showing signs of impairment,” according to the Las Vegas police.

Ruggs was traveling at a speed of 156 mph right before the crash, reports say. Ruggs then hit a vehicle from the rear killing the woman inside and her dog. Both Ruggs and his girlfriend were taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

The Las Vegas Raiders first released a statement saying, “We are devastated by the loss of life and our thoughts and prayers go to the victim’s family.” The Raiders later released him from the team.

According to police, Ruggs alcohol level was .161, which is twice the legal amount in the state of Nevada.

Ruggs appeared in court Wednesday wearing a neck brace. His bond was set at 125,000 dollars. He posted bond later in the evening. Currently he is not allowed to drive or consume alcohol and drugs.

The victim was later identified as 23-year-old Tina O. Tintor.

The second year wide receiver had 469 receiving yards with two touchdowns on the season before the accident. Ruggs was the twelfth overall pick of the 2020 NFL Draft.

The current charge Ruggs has is a Class B felony which could land him two to 20 years. He is also being charged with reckless driving and illegal possession of a firearm.

Interim head coach Rich Bisaccia answered questions regarding Ruggs.

“We want to express our sincere condolences to the victim’s family. A person lost their life yesterday morning, and we think it’s important to keep focus on that as we talk about this event. We’re deeply saddened for everyone affected, especially the victim’s family,” Bisaccia said. “That being said, we love Henry Ruggs and want him to know that. It was a terrible lapse in judgement, of the most horrific kind, and something that he’ll have to live with the rest of his life.”

Ruggs is scheduled to be back in court next week.