Falcons Pummel Brazoswood Buccaneers

Tyson Gagliano, Editor

The Clear Lake Falcons boys varsity basketball team have defeated the Brazoswood Buccaneers 72-42 in a big district blowout. The game took place at Brazoswood high school on Feb. 4 at 7 p.m.

The Falcons lead a tightly contested first quarter, with a score of 18-14. Followed by a 19-2 run in the second quarter to take a 37-16 lead by halftime.

The Falcons rode their wave of momentum, outscoring the Buccaneers 19-16 in the third, and 16-10 in the fourth.

According to junior Armani Reese, it was the lead in the second quarter that ultimately helped them in the second half of the game.

The Falcons pick up their 22 win of the season as they move to a 22-10 record.

The Buccaneers fall to 7-24. They are 0-10 in district play compared to the Falcon’s 3-6 record.

The Falcons have outscored the Buccaneers 116-71 in their two matchups this season. They defeated Brazoswood 86-29 in their first matchup.

Lake is now 5-4 on the road compared to Brazoswood 3-8 road record.

Lake will play the Dickinson Gators next, who currently hold a 28-3 record. The game will be on the road.

The Gators are currently holding first place in the district. They are also on a 7-game winning streak.

The Falcons on the other hand sit at sixth place in the district with three games left to play. The next best record is Clear Creek who holds a 17-11 record and a 4-6 district record.

Lake will look to put an end to Dickinson’s winning streak on Tuesday, Feb. 8 at 7 p.m.