Mrs. Haw

Audrey Perez, Reporter

Clear Lake High School has been recognized for its great character many times throughout the years.

One of the reasons Clear Lake has been recognized for this is because of the staff that makes Lake such an amazing place.

One of those staff members we love at Lake is Mrs. Haw.

Before Mrs. Haw worked at Lake, she was an engineer and worked for NASA.

She’s always wanted to teach because she loves teenagers and loves math. She did not want to leave her son alone when he was still in middle school, so when he was going into his freshmen year, she decided to teach so she would be able to be with him.

Mrs. Haw is known for her amazing character at all the extracurricular activities her students participate in and having such an amazing relationship with her students. To her, having a good relationship and going to these things is important.

She does not have any specific way that she connects with her students.

“I get to know them, I get to know their quirks, and then I just have fun,” Mrs. Haw said. She believes it is important to have good relationships and have fun with the kids because if not the kids will not learn in her class.

“If you do not have a connection then they are not going to learn,” Mrs. Haw said. “When the kids know I care, then they want to learn.”

As part of having good relationships with her students, she makes sure she attends any extracurricular activities they’re involved in such as sporting events, concerts, and more.

Mrs. Haw thinks it is important for her students to see she cares not only about their math grade but their interests too.

Her favorite school events to attend are football and softball games.

Mrs. Haw is one of the many staff members that make Lake such an amazing place and environment, and we are so grateful to have her here.