Clear Lake High School Newspaper

Clear Lake High School Newspaper

Clear Lake High School Newspaper

Poll

This poll has ended.

What is your New Year's Resolution?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Lake wins against Dulles 50-0

Reggie Jenkins

Last Friday the Varsity Football Team took a great win of 50-0 against the Fort Bend Dulles. The offense had an aggressive running game totaling 221 rushing yards.  

Starting quarterback (QB), Devin Lippold, had 176 passing yards and 61 rushing yards being one of the most dominant Offensive players of the game. Following Lippold, Senior Elijah Harris scored 2 touchdowns, and gained over 150 yards rushing and receiving. 

The defense had a strong performance only allowing 85 yards the whole game. The defense was led by Senior Cole Tidwell who had 3 tackles and 1 sack.  

With new coaches this year the team’s future is looking bright. Following the departure of our seniors, sophomores have stepped up to fill their shoes. One of these Sophomores was starting wide receiver Langston Lee. He amassed 105 receiving yards and his first 2 touchdowns on the varsity team. 

“I expect to never get moved down, only improving from here,” Lee said. 

Being a sophomore he hasn’t gotten attention from colleges, however if he maintains his performance people will start to notice. 

“No, I haven’t gotten attention from coaches but I feel that will happen after a few more good games,” Lee said.”I look up to the seniors, they are all good leaders and push me to be my best on and off the field.”

The following game was against Angleton High School where the team lost 28-3. It was a hard fought loss. The next game was a win against South Houston High School with a score of 33-14. The next game is scheduled for Sept. 19 being the last non district game.

About the Contributor
Wyatt Young
Wyatt Young, Reporter
Writer for CLHS newspaper, JV basketball, sophomore