Clear Lake High School Newspaper

Clear Lake High School Newspaper

Clear Lake High School Newspaper

Poll

This poll has ended.

What is your New Year's Resolution?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Lake’s “Friday Night Lights” Senior Night

Football games are not simple affairs. It takes the effort of not only teachers and administrators, but students from all grades. For certain school teams and clubs, it can take weeks to get a performance right. Recognition for the hard work of these students is an important show of appreciation for their contributions. That’s why there’s Senior Night!

One of the most distinctive moments of the high school senior experience is Senior Night. Senior Night is an event that introduces the last football game of the season. It’s held to thank the seniors for all of their efforts in organizing the football games. The seniors in football, cheer, JROTC, Flairs, ASL, choir, band, and color guard walk across the football field with their loved ones as a “thank you” for their football contributions and a “congratulations” for their upcoming graduation.

“[Senior Night is] really fun but it’s [also] really sad because it is the last football game of the season in our high school years,” Jessica Ruiz, the battalion commander for the JROTC said. “[Senior Night] is still very heartwarming in my opinion because [football games are] how I started my friendships and that’s where I got to hands-on see the school spirit.”

Seniors of other school organizations share these sentiments.

“Walking at senior night, is definitely rewarding just because you made it all four years,” Kareena Antony, a senior Flair, said. “Flairs is just an awesome community to be a part of. I’m definitely going to miss it.”

Sydney Cunningham, another senior agrees. “It very much felt like ‘oh my god I did it this is the last football game of the season, and I made it. I made it to senior year,'” Cunningham said. “It’s kind of symbolic. It’s one last time of being at the football games and all of us being together.”

It’s also a very reflective event for the seniors involved.

“I definitely took a lot of it for granted. A lot of people say you always take it for granted until you don’t have it anymore.” Autumn Garza, a senior Flair, said.

Well wishes are sent to the class of 2024 in addition to big thanks for their contributions to school spirit!